About Me

My photo
My friends call me the "grammar goddess." Really. ;-) I own a freelance writing, editing and tutoring business. Previously, I served three years as food editor for The Morning Sun in Mt. Pleasant, which kindled my interest in food writing. My other areas of expertise in writing include features, community news, architecture/construction and engraving/personalization. I have a frightening number of cookbooks and watch too many DIY, HGTV, Food Network, Cooking Channel and Antiques Roadshow (BBC and PBS versions) shows. And I tweak nearly every recipe I make.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Product Review: Van's Waffles

I wanted waffles one day. I didn't want to make them and I wanted something healthier than Eggos.

So, as I walked through the frozen section, I saw Van's waffles. I have one word of caution: do not thaw them before toasting (either in a toaster or a toaster oven). The result is not pretty and led to a thorough cleaning of the toaster, something I do as infrequently as possible without causing burnt toast.

So far, I have tried two kinds of Van’s waffles: Wheat/Gluten Free Totally Natural waffles and Organic Flax waffles. (These links include nutritional information.) Both are excellent spread with peanut butter and topped with a little maple syrup. I generally limit myself to one waffle. The peanut butter helps to ensure I'm not hungry for a while. I shouldn't even mention how good they are with Turtle Mountain's Purely Decadent Soy Delicious non-dairy frozen dessert in Cherry Nirvana. It's your call whether or not to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment